12.31.2007

2007 minutes in heaven.

Last year for New Year's I spent a surreal period of time with Matt, Matto, and Stewie reaffirming that I wanted to live fully and wildly. It was wonderful. We decided that along with the ever-appropriate "on to glory" "2007 Minutes in Heaven" should be the slogan for this year.
I lost track of my time counting and I've had some decidedly un-heavenly experiences in 2007 but overall I think I've at least approached the goal. It's weird to think how different my life is today than it was a year ago.
I'm on vacation in Durban with a group of Peace Corps friends. We're eating way to much, sitting on the beach for innumerable hours (it's a last minute cram to reach 2007 minutes), wowing Afrikaners with our karaoke skills, and having smart conversations. It's a good vacation but I'm also excited to get back to my village and get working again.
I know this is short but internet time is expensive here.
happy new year's. 2008 will be the only year I spend completely in South Africa which means I need to make the most of it!
someone please ride the monorail for me tonight. it's the best way to honor me.

3 comments:

Dave said...

i walked under the monorail last night because i am cheap. hopefully that is how you would've wanted it.

matt said...

stewie and i took over a bridge and drank a bottle of whiskey with claudia in pittsburgh. there were lots of fireworks and it was decided that 2008 is the year of pushing your luck and brutal honesty. make it happen.

Anonymous said...

Hello to all I a friend of Abby's can see if you can ask her to send me a note on my e-mail or on care2.com or on facebook? VBB