11.24.2007

the ongoing heartbreak of no pumpkin pie.

Thanksgiving was pretty uneventful for me. I spent the last week visiting other volunteers in my area, meeting lots of teachers and principals and spending some really good times with friends. I was in the constant company of my friend Megan for the week and it was great. She's really cool in that special "we can make fart jokes AND talk about serious stuff" sort of way. The fart jokes are obviously the more important part of that equation. Megan and I whipped up a very traditional Thanksgiving dinner of store bought bananna bread, pasta with red sauce and tea.

Now I'm spending the weekend with my friend. I made him my world famous (people on three continents know about it... so it counts) pizza dumpling. Tonight I'll make make-shift green bean cassorle because I can deal with no pumpkin pie, I can survive no stuffing, I can even endure no Wild Turkey with Matt, Pete and Matto but I refuse to leave Thanksgiving weekend without some sorto fo green bean cassorle. Actually, Thaksgiving is a great holiday for me here because I'm so preoccupied with food and Thanksgiving gives me an excuse to expose that preoccupation to everyone.

I'M OFFICIALLY ERIN GANNON, MA!!
My ass of an older brother (who will go unnamed but I suppose you might guess who I'm writing about) has been keeping this information from me for awhile. It's really cruel to mess with your little sister who is all alone, thousands of miles away, crying herself to sleep every night because she's not sure if the only thing she worked for in the last five years was actually acheived. He's a cruel man. Don't let his peaceful exterrior fool you.

All is well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dude, this was my first ragesgiving away from cincinnati but it was still super sweet even without my usual crew. i'll senderinmail soon and update you away from the prying eyes internet.

matto

Dave said...

even though i knew you got your masters, i was still confused by the title of your last paragraph. i thought you were declaring yourself a mother.

and the only thing you've worked for in the last five years? you are forgetting my affection.

Anonymous said...

This "unnamed brother" doesn't really sound so cruel to me. Cruel would have been feeding the diploma to his endearingly wild dog (assuming he has one), or maybe not retrieving it from the abandoned previous address of his carefree younger sister. I would go so far as to say that this brother must be quite kind, perhaps even saintly.

A roadside grotto shrine might be in order.

matt said...

cincinnati wasn't the same without you. dinner was good...but we needed crawling through the woods festivities.